The establishment of Larnaca District Development Agency (ANETEL) was an initiative from the Union of Communities of Larnaca. After years of involvement in European affairs and European programs, the Board of Director of the Union of Communities of Larnaca, with the strong support of the Municipalities of Larnaca and others institutions, felt that it was necessary to establish a flexible mechanism. Through this mechanism, it would become possible the involvement of local authorities of Larnaca District into the procedures that pertaining the development in the European Union and particularly in absorbing European funds for realizing the vision of each community and municipality of the area.
ANETEL was founded on the 16 October 2003 and its stakeholders are the Municipalities of Larnaka Aradippou Athienou, Dromolaxia, Livadia, Lefkara, Agia Napa and Paralimni, the 42 of the 45 Community Councils of Larnaka and the Community Council of Liopetri of Famagusta District, the E. V.E.L. Larnaca, the Larnaca Rural Women's Association, the SPE Rural Development, the SPE Vasililou-Pentashinos and the Cyprus Association of Professional Fishermen. ANETEL is a non-profit organization and has been accredited as a public equivalent government body.
The main objective of the agency is to provide support services to its stakeholders for making use of European resources and participate in European programs in order to implement the goals and visions of its stakeholders. In particular:
• Give information and learn about matters of the European Union.
• Support the Local Self-Government Organizations in their development role and planning.
• Development planning of the broader area.
• Exploitation of the available National and Communal funds, through the participation and management of different programs.
• Technical support to the public and the authorities of the area, in the fields of education and preparation, improving the quality of life and generally the social-economical development.
• Undertaking initiatives in subjects of protection of the environment, preservation of the cultural inheritance and development of its internal cohesion.
• Promotion of the possible collaboration of the Local Self-Government with the Public and Semi-Public authorities and the Private sector, trying for the collaboration and the difference of each member.
• Management and Implementation of E.U. Programmes
Larnaca District Development Agency - ANETEL
Contact person (name, address, phone number and e mail)
Dr. Eudokia Balamou - Address: 2B, Agiou Lazarou St, 7040, Voroklini, Larnaca, Cyprus
00 357 24 815280
00 357 24 636817